1. A technical glitch kept the TSX closed on Wednesday. This is a big deal for those who make money from stock trading, but it shouldn’t matter much to investors who aren’t hyperactive. I’d be happy if stock markets were only open one day per week.
2. Larry MacDonald takes the Canadian Real Estate Association and the media that reports their figures to task for misleading the public about movements in house prices.
3. Moneygardener has a newlywed guest writer figuring out how to merge finances with a new spouse.
4. Million Dollar Journey turns the advice to spend less than you earn on its head and suggests that you could try to earn more than you spend.
5. The Big Cajun Man wonders whether assets under management in mutual funds have dropped more due to investor redemptions or dropping stock prices.