1. Canadian Capitalist gives a good summary of the proposed changes to the Canada Pension Plan.
2. Preet takes a detailed look at strategies for shorting bull and bear double-exposure ETFs simultaneously.
3. Ellen Roseman addresses interest rate differential (IRD) penalties for paying off a fixed-rate mortgage early. Based on the comments on this article, it seems that people often get caught when they sell homes before the end of the terms of their mortgages. The penalty amounts can be quite large.
4. Big Cajun Man thinks the new rules for credit card companies should have gone further. In particular, he’d like to see lower interest rates on credit cards.
5. It can be annoying when an automatic scanner at a store comes up with an inflated price. Frugal Trader tells us that you may be able to get your item for $10 off or free.
6. Money Gardener shows that sometimes “how big a mortgage can I afford?” calculators come up with crazy answers.
7. Thicken My Wallet describes a type of scam used on lawyers and gives advice on how to spot a scam.