1. Morningstar conducted a study of mutual funds in 16 countries (full report). Preet gives us Canada’s overall scorecard, Canadian Capitalist highlighted Canada’s failing grade on mutual fund fees, and Larry MacDonald questions Canada’s grade of A on investor protection and transparency.
2. Jason Zweig explains how women get better investing results than men.
3. Canadian Financial DIY is a little concerned about his retirement finances and has an amusing modest proposal for dealing with the swelling numbers of retired people.
4. Big Cajun Man finds that the recession has made it easier to give things away.
5. Scott Adams has an idea for a better index fund that seems like it should work, but doesn’t. I like the last sentence of this article.
6. Million Dollar Journey addresses the question of what a young guy with an extra $5000 should do with it. The extensive reader comments are the most interesting part. It’s not hard to see why some people are chronically short of money.