1. We’ve see plenty about accused Ponzi scheme operator Earl Jones, but this article gives some insight into how he found his clients and preyed upon people at their weakest moment.
2. Larry MacDonald reports on a former Nortel employee caught in a tax nightmare.
3. Larry Swedroe has some thoughts for those waiting for a signal to get back into the stock market.
4. Canadian Capitalist did a detailed analysis of the best type of account for holding Canadian dividend-paying stocks.
5. Preet explains that Vanguard is owned by its clients which explains the ultra-low MERs.
6. Big Cajun Man marks a full year of unemployment.
7. Thicken My Wallet wonders whether your financial advisor is worth $600 per hour.
8. Ellen Roseman explains why you always have to be willing to leave your bank.
9. Frugal Trader looks at the pros and cons of buying a car in the US and bringing it back to Canada.
10. Blunt Money sums up how to get out of debt in eight words. It’s refreshing to see a little tough love.