1. To enter the draw to win one of four copies of the book The Secret Language of Money by David Krueger and John David Mann, send an email with the subject “Book” to the address shown on the upper right corner of this blog. The draw will close Tuesday October 13 at noon. I will contact the winners to get postal addresses.
2. Big Cajun Man reports that Canadians’ personal debt is rising at a record pace.
3. Scott Adams suggests an interesting negotiation strategy.
4. Larry Swedroe explains why you shouldn’t necessarily trust your broker’s recommendations.
5. Larry MacDonald reports that the trend away from mutual funds and into ETFs continues.
6. Canadian Financial DIY finds a fund whose management doesn’t get paid unless the fund makes money.
7. Guest blogger Daniela Garritano has some detailed energy saving tips for cold weather.
8. If your blood pressure isn’t high enough, Million Dollar Journey brings us the salaries of federal politicians.
9. Gail Vaz-Oxlade from the television show Til Debt Do Us Part has a new book out called Debt-Free Forever.