1. One way to deal with debt collectors is to sue them ... until they counter-sue. This story of the war between debtors and debt collectors had me laughing and thinking that the world may be coming to an end, all at the same time. The hero/villain Craig Cunningham doesn’t believe he has to pay back his debts: “I don't have to do anything but stay black and die.” Whether you smile or cry, it’s a compelling read.
2. Jason Zweig finds that people have unrealistic expectations about stock market returns. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
3. Both Preet and Patrick shared their takes on the efficient market hypothesis. I’ve struggled with this one myself, and I’m stilling mulling over their ideas.
4. Larry MacDonald explores Milevsky’s idea that homeowners need to own more bonds. I’ll need more convincing on this one.
5. Canadian Capitalist reviews Rob Carrick’s latest book about investing in Canada. Judging by the quotes from the book, it sounds good.
6. Potato lowered the stress level on a move by getting a library to take a donation of many of his unwanted books.
7. Big Cajun Man runs into some unexpected costs during a hospital visit.
8. Ed Rempel has an interesting stock market quiz on Million Dollar Journey.