1. MoneyNing warns of a currency-conversion catch while shopping in a foreign country.
2. Big Cajun Man politely asks for a break on his Roger’s bill and gets it.
3. Jason Zweig reports on a research finding that people often can’t make good decisions even with full and clear disclosure.
4. Have you ever bought the wrong stock or bought the wrong amount? Preet explains the phrase “fat-finger trade”. Another good post from Preet is some advice he and his girlfriend are learning the hard way: don’t sign contracts at your door.
5. Canadian Capitalist takes the Fraser Institute to task for perpetuating the myth that taxes have risen steadily over time.
6. Larry MacDonald generated quite a stream of comments with his discussion of the sustainability of the retirement system and flat taxes.
7. Patrick makes a case for renting rather than buying a home.
8. Gail Vaz-Oxlade has an excellent rant making the case that debt isn’t normal.
9. Scott Ronalds outlines the problems with Canada’s mutual fund industry and describes the UK’s solution.
10. Frugal Trader does a detailed comparison of Smartphone/iPhone plans.
11. Madison is still able to keep up with her 0% balance transfer credit card arbitrage. You had better be disciplined and organized if you want to try this one.