1. After the BCE share price plunge on news that KPMG might not approve the buyout, Larry MacDonald thinks BCE might be a good buy for the short term even if the buyout really is dead.
2. BluntMoney argues that we need to cover more than the bare minimum of expenses in our emergency funds because we will find it difficult to give up our lifestyle-related spending in a financial emergency.
3. Canadian Capitalist is celebrating his blog’s fourth birthday by giving away 10 copies of Jonathan Chevreau’s book Findependence Day. Today is the last day to enter by leaving a comment on his article.
4. Frugal Trader explains how to use a Cash Flow Dam to turn a debt with non-tax deductible interest into a debt whose interest is tax-deductible.
5. Big Cajun Man doubts that most people are willing to pay fees to dispose of hazardous waste.
6. Preet explains different ways of weighting stocks in an index with some clear examples: cap-weighting and fair-value weighting part I and part II.
7. My article on a sense of scale about money made it onto MoneyGardener’s list of must-read blog posts.
8. The blog Disciplined Approach to Investing hosted the Investing Carnival.