1. Rob Carrick reports that although the stock market has been recovering from the global financial crisis, a great many traumatized Canadian investors have missed the rebound.
2. Steve Ladurantaye wrote an interesting article about the battle going on to unlock the real estate sales market.
3. Canadian Capitalist raises some good questions about what your exposure is if your broker goes bankrupt.
4. Ed Rempel takes a run at more common myths about the stock market on Million Dollar Journey.
5. Chrystia Freeland reports on what the rest of the world can learn from the Canadian banking system. We like to complain about our banks, but at least they didn’t have to be bailed out.
6. Preet explains hedge fund gating. If you don’t know what this is, you should probably steer clear of hedge funds.
7. Canadian Mortgage Trends report that the Canadian banking system is leaving a part of the mortgage market untapped: Sharia mortgages. Sharia lenders can’t charge interest directly, but have to become co-owners who charge rent. Apparently there are thousands of customers on waiting lists for the few lenders who offer Sharia mortgages.
8. Big Cajun Man has some fun investing services to alert you that you’re spending too much.
9. Thicken My Wallet works very hard to justify buying expensive coffee every day.