1. Canadian Capitalist published a reader’s analysis of why currency hedging is necessary for ETFs of US stocks. I’m not sold, but the analysis is thoughtful.
2. Preet has yet another reason why credit card balance insurance is a bad idea.
3. Larry MacDonald found a plausible explanation for the high yield offered by some preferred shares of Canadian banks.
4. Big Cajun Man reported on the mortgage scam that Bank of Montreal claims cost them $30 million.
5. Scott Adams is searching for the world’s simplest portfolio.
6. Frugal Trader explains the age amount tax credit and pension income tax credit.
7. Rob Carrick asks whose interest does your financial advisor have at heart?
8. Gail Vaz-Oxlade has a clear explanation of some of the pitfalls of owning mutual funds.