1. According to Canadian Mortgage Trends, Canada’s big banks are waging a mortgage interest rate war.
2. Michael Fumento at Forbes thinks that the only people who didn’t suspect that the latest Toyota Prius acceleration horror was a hoax were reporters.
3. Canadian Capitalist reports that homeowners who are mortgage-free can get a break on house insurance.
4. Jonathan Chevreau reports on how hackers can read RFID chips on a credit card.
5. Larry MacDonald reports that the Disability Tax Credit is often overlooked. In one case, a woman with inner-ear problems got a $48,000 income tax refund by re-filing past years’ income tax returns using the Disability Tax Credit.
6. Big Cajun Man proposes a new property tax model. I’d like to pay less tax too, but I’m not holding my breath.
7. Million Dollar Journey has CFP Brian Poncelet explaining how annuities work.
8. Thicken My Wallet is trying to find more time for neglected things like exercise by scheduling them like a business meeting.
9. Preet looks at the option of having a higher car insurance deductible to lower the premiums.
10. Potato sees the trend toward younger people buying homes as a sign of the end of Canada’s housing bubble.