1. Canadian Capitalist reports that CREA is trying to work around the Competition Bureau’s attempt to make the real estate industry more competitive.
2. Rob Carrick says you should read his article before breaking your mortgage.
3. Four Pillars goes over the rules about converting your RRSP into a RRIF (the web page with this article has disappeared since the time of writing).
4. Preet lists some reasons you may not have thought of why your index fund may not exactly track its index.
5. Frugal Trader lays out his RESP asset allocation strategy. The interesting thing to me is the transition points. When the date comes to shift money from stocks to bonds, will he do it mechanically on the exact date specified, or will he try to time the trades? These choices are always more complicated in real life than on a chart.
6. Balance Junkie goes beyond the simple advice to have an emergency fund to bring us more detail in an emergency fund FAQ.
7. Big Cajun Man has found a sign of a very bad day for an investor.
8. Tom Bradley wonders who is buying Kevin O’Leary’s new mutual funds? This is one case where it doesn’t pay to get in early.