1. Rob Carrick is predicting the end of tax software in favour of online tax preparation.
2. Big Cajun Man reports on CIBC’s prediction that the Canadian dollar will rise in value. It seems that we rarely see predictions that the Canadian dollar will go down. However, the Canadian dollar has gone down as much as it has gone up relative to the US dollar over the decades. The disproportionate number of predictions of a rising Canadian dollar are just a form of cheerleading with little predictive value. But, it feels good to believe that our dollar is rising.
3. Jonathan Chevreau reviews an interesting sounding book: The Little Book of Behavioral Investing.
4. Where Does All My Money Go? features a series on bankruptcy written by someone actually going through bankruptcy.
5. Larry MacDonald reports that ETF providers are eyeing the segregated fund market. Reducing segregated fund MERs to reasonable levels would be a welcome change.
6. Canadian Capitalist has partnered with MoneySense giving his blog a new look, but no change in editorial policy.
7. Larry Swedroe explains that emerging markets with high GDP growth tend not to give high investments gains.