You’re getting this edition of short takes on a Monday because the big news in the budget about stock option trap relief that appeared on Friday.
1. Larry MacDonald highlighted the parts of the budget Canadians care about most in a MoneySense article.
2. Rob Carrick puts the major elements of the budget into perspective.
3. Canadian Capitalist gives a concise budget summary.
4. The Tax Guy focused on the tax-related elements of the new budget.
5. Preet interviewed Michael Moore!
6. Canadian Financial DIY brings us researchers who believe that we could have predicted Bernie Madoff’s fraud before the fact. Great! Let’s use their methods to find the currently ongoing financial frauds.
7. Gail Vaz-Oxlade explains the role of self-deception when it comes to spending problems.
8. Mike at Four Pillars wrote a great rant about broken promises from Rogers over the billing for his iPhone.
9. Wow! Big Cajun Man seems to put a lot of effort into doing his income taxes.
10. Million Dollar Journey explores the dangers of co-signing for your child.
11. If you’re like me, you wonder what impact the new mortgage rules will have. Here is CIBC economist, Ben Tal’s answer at Canadian Mortgage Trends.